Friday, September 27, 2013

My Wild Friends

   Yesterday outside my work, a cute little bird was hopping around and talking sweetly to me as I was making trips to the dumpster and dumping the mop bucket. I'm still not sure if he just wanted to hang out or was hurt, as he was gone when I got off work (I was going to bring him food and water just in case). However, his presence really made my day. I wish all the best for him.



   He got me thinking about how many wild friends that I do have. As a child, I would watch my father leave birdseed, corn, and peanuts out in our backyard for the animals and would be amazed at how friendly the many animals would become. We would often joke around and call my father the male Snow White, as the chipmunks would follow him around the yard, standing on his shoes, and begging for peanuts. One summer, we were even able to feed them by hand. I remember nothing cuter than bending down and placing a peanut into the small paws of an overexcited chipmunk. While we don't feed them by hand anymore, they are still a joy to have around the yard.


A small chipmunk who is always into the corn and peanuts.


                  Our resident bluejay, who will cry out to my father when the feeder is out of peanuts and he wants some.

  Have you ever had any wild friends? They do make the world a more interesting place!

Much Love,
Tia Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment